* Drive and monitor US GAAP quarterly and annual direct tax accounting close process for LATAM region
* Review in-region tax provision calculations for accuracy and completeness
* Provide Tax Accounting guidance for projects and transactions
* Provide guidance and education to local finance teams in order to facilitate process improvement and achieve accuracy of tax provision calculations
* Work with Global Tax and regional controllers to forecast the effective tax rate
* Coordinate third parties and local Finance teams to plan and execute completion of timely and accurate US GAAP quarterly and annual direct tax provision packages
* Coordinate the recording of tax journal entries as required and work closely with LATAM finance teams to resolve challenges
* Coordinate the timely filing of annual local statutory tax filings for entities supported
* Detail review and coordinate preparation the reconciliation of the annual provision to the final statutory return for taxes and the recording of any resulting accounting entries in accordance with the Company's financial standard policy
* Manage and provide support for in-region local tax examinations / audits
* Coordinate with third parties and local Finance on the local tax audit efforts, the recording of resulting tax entries, and completion of disclosures in the local statutory financial statements for entities supported
* Ensure that all tax reporting and compliance activities performed are in compliance with Accounting Policies, as well as US GAAP and SEC registrant regulations
* Partner with other members of the Financial Reporting & Accounting Group, as well as Global Tax, to resolve tax accounting issues and drive leading practices
* Participate in strategic continuous improvement initiatives in the organization, achieving identified goals (financial, process or talent)
* Promptly respond to information requests from internal and external stakeholders, including auditors
* Drive compliance with Global Tax and Financial Reporting & Accounting Group and business unit service delivery guidelines
* Monitor changes in local legislation for direct tax purposes and lead with local finance team to ensure correct applicability in the tax calculation and compliance files.
* Coordinate with third parties and local finance staff to perform transfer pricing calculations to meet local legislation and work closely with the Global Tax Transfer Pricing team to plan and lead any necessary adjustments or changes, including implementation of alternative pricing methodologies.
* Coordinate with Global Tax Transfer Pricing to draft, review, and provide feedback on intercompany agreements
* Maintain required documentation for compliance as well as control and audit purposes
* Actively and independently manage team and personal workload and escalate solution-oriented concerns to the Global Tax Accounting Manager
* Achieve deadlines set by leadership and proactively monitor and raise instances where deadlines cannot be met in a timely fashion
* Assist with the creation, modification, and regular delivery of training programs and content
* Function as a member of a team, demonstrating effective teaming, while independently managing time and workload
* BA / BS in Finance / Accounting or Administration
* Adequate professional experience focusing on tax reporting and compliance for multiple legal entries / foreign entities.
* Big 4 Tax background preferred.
* Experience leading direct tax preparation and review under USGAAP and LocalGAAP for a multinational publicly traded corporation
* Experience managing direct reports
* Experience coordinating interdependent teams of finance personnel and service providers toward timely and quality deliverables
* Experience working with OneSource Tax Provision (OTP) highly desirable
* Experience on transfer pricing legislation desirable
Fill in the fields and attach a resume or cover letter. Do not forget to mention why you are a good fit for the position. We will notify the employer.