Payroll Tax Specialist - Houston, TX
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Runs Compiles and sorts reports for various periodical (daily, monthly, quarterly and annual) balancing of tax data.
• Verifies and balances transactions, such as payroll registers to tax deposits and reports for Ceridian.
• Creates ongoing reconciliation spreadsheets for discrepancies, researches and resolves.
• Assists with the investigation of problems reported by taxing agencies.
• Assists with the reconciliation of the costing of tax deductions to general ledger accounts.
• Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
• Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports, and makes corrections. Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
• Ethics - Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
• Strategic Thinking - Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Judgment - Includes appropriate people for decision-making process.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. • Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
Fill in the fields and attach a resume or cover letter. Do not forget to mention why you are a good fit for the position. We will notify the employer.