The Sr. Manager – US Tax Compliance will be responsible for the review and completion of all US direct and indirect taxes within the Company group of legal entities . This role will be responsible for meeting all external and internal tax compliance due dates, tax planning, direct oversight of all tax provision calculations for budgets, forecasts and financial closes and supporting all US Tax Compliance Tax initiatives. This role will develop key partnerships across the organization to ensure tax can react proactively to changes within and create tax strategies to benefit the organization. This individual will also work closely with the Group Tax to support special projects and Global Tax initiatives.
1. Manages US federal, state and local tax compliance for Company companies doing business in the US, including preparation of consolidated returns for Company Holdings. This will primarily include income, franchise, sales and use, excise and personal property taxes.
2. Manages all US based tax audits with tax authorities, including IDRs and interfaces with auditors to provide appropriate documentation and support in discussions, case(s) and dispute resolution. Defends Company Tax positions as needed.
3. Manages and reviews monthly close process for Tax and biannual tax provisions under IFRS. Includes management of the Tax reporting process for financial statement purposes and reconciliation of federal and state income tax returns to financial statements (return to provision true-ups). Manages all elements of the US Tax audit with external financial statement auditors with no adjustments to the tax provision.
4. Provides tax assets / liabilities / expense balances for forecast and budget preparation, including tax payments for cash planning. Management of forecast and budget process within the Tax Department for all tax related accounts (Sales & Use, Franchise, Income, Gross Receipts, Personal Property, Excise). Meets all US and Group Finance timetables.
5. Performs research on tax issues, tax law updates and tax planning initiatives. Works with the Group Tax to develop favorable tax positions and model economic consequences of proposed tax planning ideas. Develops tax strategies related to all areas of tax compliance, and identifies and mitigates all risks in these areas.
6. Assists in compiling information necessary to satisfy US transfer pricing documentation requirements, where needed.
7. Participates in special projects, related to tax compliance and planning, as assigned by the Senior Director – Group Tax and the Director Global Tax/Head of US Tax.
8. Leads and develops members of the US tax team to increase skill set, create strong succession planning, and to ensure career growth and continuous learning. Manages performance with a focus on accountability, the meeting of goals and objectives, and role modeling of Company Values.
9. Oversee preparation of recurring tax compliance projects including Inventory costing, Foreign Tax Credit calculation, Section 199 deduction, R&D and Orphan Drug Tax credits, Employment based tax credits and 5471s/5472s.
10. Manage preparation of E&P studies for all US entities, US Controlled Foreign Corporations and annual calculation of Section 163j limitation.
11. Leads and develops process improvement initiatives for the US Tax department including implementation of tax software solutions in order to improve overall efficiency and accuracy. Instrumental in the adoption and planning related to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or other related major is required. CPA and/or a Graduate degree in Taxation is recommended. Specialized tax education required.
Eight + years of corporate tax or large accounting firm experience is required, a portion of which must be at the Manager level. Ability to thrive in a fast pace, multi-tasking environment. Proven record of strong interpersonal skills and people management. Strong analytical skills. Expert skills in using OneSource corporate tax software and specialized knowledge in US federal tax rules required.
Company will provide equal employment opportunity for all persons without discrimination on the basis of membership in a legally protected class, including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, or handicap/disability.
Company is committed to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are a part of our everyday business.
REF: US/IN/CSL Behring
Fill in the fields and attach a resume or cover letter. Do not forget to mention why you are a good fit for the position. We will notify the employer.