At Regions, the Corporate Tax Accountant IV assembles, maintains, and analyzes all necessary tax information in order to prepare more complex and specialized tax returns.
- Solves complex problems and works independently with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional projects or review returns within specialized area of expertise
- Provides leadership with representing the company in tax return audits
- Researches more involved tax issues
- May prepare or review tax allocation/settlement schedules and journal entries for estimated tax payments, audit settlements, tax returns, etc.
- Acts as a resource throughout the tax department
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a directly related field
- Eight (8) years of accounting experience including account reconciliations
- Six (6) years of tax experience
- Financial institution tax experience (including with reconciliations, settlements, journal entries)
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE tax software