Clariant is a focused and innovative specialty chemical company based near Basel in Switzerland. Last year the company recorded CHF 6.6 billion in sales harnessing the talents of its 18 000 employees across 53 countries.
Clariant’s portfolio is optimized for future growth, with a focus in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysts, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings.
We believe that our growth is all about our customers and their success. Investment in innovation capabilities and developing inspiring environments for courageous and determined minds are therefore key to reaching our goal.
Join us and help create sustainable value through chemistry for customers all over the globe.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Corporate Tax Manager, specialized in transfer pricing to join our Corporate Tax team based at our global headquarters in Basel, Switzerland.
This challenge requires strong understanding of international tax matters and you will be expected to lead projects independently; to coordinate with external and internal stakeholders including legal, accounting, treasury, controlling, M&A and Business Units; to ensure compliant tax strategy, to provide ad-hoc advice and project support to the business. You will be able to influence daily activities and tasks, with full responsibility for projects assigned.
- You will be responsible for guiding Clariant affiliates in a range of international tax projects including transfer pricing and M&A.
- You will work collaboratively to deliver on Transfer Pricing engagements, taking a professional, practical and commercial approach and ensuring technical excellence.
- Manage centralized recharge schemes e.g. management fees and royalties.
- Lead preparations and updates of transfer pricing documentation for Clariant affiliates in specific regions including updates of benchmarking studies and review of files prepared by local tax advisors.
- Manage tax risks and tax audits in the respective regions.
- Coordinate international tax projects within international teams including local heads of finance/tax, local tax advisors and business stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with practical and commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice;
- Committed team player with a positive “can do” attitude and motived to drive projects forward;
- Strong knowledge of transfer pricing, valuations and accounting & finance;
- At least 7 years of experience in international taxation from industry or advisory business with a focus in transfer pricing;
- Master’s degree in economics or law with additional qualifications in transfer pricing;
- Good interpersonal skills with fluent communication in English (written and spoken), further languages are beneficial e.g. German, Spanish.
- Highly interesting, versatile and challenging work environment.
- High degree of flexibility in your activities and tasks
- Attractive remuneration and excellent employee benefits
- We provide the benefits of a modern company
- Tailored trainings to support your development needs