The European Tax Provision and Planning Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the European Controllers in the computation and review of the local and US GAAP income tax provisions and tax returns. In addition the European Tax Provision and Planning Manager will be the lead researcher on all country and region specific pending European legislation and responsible for supporting the development and implementation of tax planning and repatriation strategies as they arise.
- Review, or in limited cases prepare, quarterly and annual income tax provisions and return to provision calculations of European affiliates as assigned.
- Review, or in limited cases prepare, tax returns for European affiliates.
- Research contemplated or pending European legislation for its implications to the Company including local country legislation, OECD rules, and changes to US GAAP impacting European affiliates.
- Assist with the development and implementation of tax-efficient strategies designed to mitigate tax risk, maximize effectiveness of overseas cash repatriation, while minimizing worldwide tax expense and increasing shareholder value.
- Assist with European transfer pricing policy and manage the day to day operations.
- Assist with VAT planning for CRM.
- Manage the utilization of Research and Development tax credits in various European Jurisdictions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience in Public Accounting.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in tax.
- Strong technical and comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP/ASC 740 and local county tax law.
- Understanding of Regional & US GAAP differences.
- Excellent written and verbal English language & communication skills.
- Must have strong organization skills and demonstrate an attention to detail.
- Must show ability to multi-task and work well independently.
- Occasional international travel within Europe and the USA is required.
- Public accounting, Big 4 experience, preferred.
- Experience with Longview provision software a plus.
- Experience in a multinational corporate tax department.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork