The Director of Global Income Tax Compliance will be responsible for the Company’s U.S. and non-U.S. income tax compliance. The role will manage our global tax compliance process from start to finish, which includes proactively maintaining and monitoring an income tax calendar, gathering data for tax return information requests, collaborating with our locals senior managers to discuss GAAP to Stat adjustments and book/tax differences, and reviewing and approving tax returns. This role will lead a small team and report to the Senior Director of Tax.
- Review the U.S. federal, multi-state, and non-U.S. income tax compliance
- Review and file quarterly estimated income tax payments and extensions
- Maintain the Company’s income tax calendar
- Hold kick-off calls with the Company’s third-party compliance provider to summarize any new acquisitions, jurisdictions, transactions, etc. for incorporation into the company’s compliance process
- Initiate and oversee the data gathering process for our compliance provider
- Accrue and remit applicable withholding taxes
- On a monthly basis, review and roll-forward the income tax accrual as well as the non-income tax (FAS 5) reserves
- Responsible for understanding tax requirements for new country entry and assisting the business systems team with tax applicability setup
- Respond to tax audits and tax authority inquiries, domestic and international
- Oversee the tax compliance for any mergers or acquisitions including stub period and post-acquisition returns
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- 10-15 years of relevant tax experience with a mix of Big 4 and in-house experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Masters in Taxation preferred
- CPA preferred
- Strong tax compliance background and advanced tax technical and research skills
- Strong people management skills and ability to build a team
- Advanced Excel skills and intermediate knowledge of other Microsoft Office products
- Work independently with strong problem solving and analytical skills and have ability to recognize and recommend solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex tax concepts to non-tax colleagues
- Strong project management and presentation skills
- Ability to build strong collaborative working relationships, internally and externally
- Strong work ethic with an ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines, and deliver in a timely manner.