This position is responsible for the Department’s Tax Planning Strategies and Reporting .
The role is designed to create value through designing and executing effective tax strategies for Aristocrat as well as providing accurate, timely and relevant analysis of tax outcomes in commercial situations. The incumbent will work with businesses, external advisors, and other professionals in carrying out their responsibilities. They will work with financial management within the Company and third party service providers and advisors. This role will be a key member of the finance leadership team and will lead teams based in Sydney and the US.
- Provide quality tax advice and support in a timely manner
- Provide generalist tax advice around potential M&A including disposals, acquisition or integration matters
- Manage IP tax effectively
- Manage international tax and transfer pricing / cross border tax planning effectively
- Responsible for completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support. This includes oversight of the tax returns for the Company’s international subsidiaries
- Completion of tax accounting work papers for Aristocrat Australia and tax disclosures in the financial statements
- Ensure compliance with the relevant statutory bodies
- Preparation of cash flow forecasting and distribution strategies in an efficient and timely manner
- Management, coaching and mentoring of direct reports being the internal tax team (including Sydney based team and US based team)
- Liaise directly with the ATO, IRS and other jurisdictions’ tax offices on any matters
- Responsible for tax audits in all jurisdictions
- Providing advice on employee share schemes and proactively liaising with HR and Company Secretary on the implementation and administration of the share plans
- Coordination of accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries with third party vendors.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
- Excellent stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills
- Proven experience as a team leader with the ability to support, develop and nurture a team of direct reports
- A proactive attitude to continual process improvement
- The successful candidate will have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; comprehensive business acumen; and the executive presence and leadership ability to maintain a high level of trust, credibility and confidence with the organization's high performance leadership team.
- An ability to educate and develop members of the tax function to become experienced tax professionals
- Beyond functional skills and experiences, this individual must have a keen intellect, unquestioned ethics, a sense of urgency and the ability to simultaneously execute on both tactical and strategic projects.
- A track record of successfully partnering with the CFO, Board and Senior Leaders of the organization on presenting the company's vision and strategy.
- Strong writing and business case development skills
- Strong Leadership skills and proven track record in managing and motivating staff
- Experience in management of change and organisational transformation, in corporate environments
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbal and written, strong business acumen and project management skills
World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
Robust benefits package
Global career opportunities
Our core values: All about the player, Talent Unleashed, Collective Brilliance and Good Business, Good Citizen
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success