Group Head of Tax
An international retail business, with ambitious growth plans is currently looking to recruit a new Group Head of Tax based at their headquarters in the North West.
The role is ideally focused to a proactive individual who enjoys a challenge and a role where . You will be involved in a wide range of topics, including a significant level of M&A tax due to ambitious expansion plans, particularly in the US.
You will also manage an international team and in return receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
The role will include:
- Responsibility for all aspects of tax reporting and compliance.
- Developing internal processes, including integration of new tax technologies.
- M&A tax work and international structuring.
- Management of the international tax team.
- Maintaining relationships with external advisors.
- Tax advisory for group functions.
- High quality, regular reporting to senior management and supporting group decision making.
- Ensuring the Group meets compliance and regulatory requirements.
- ACA or CTA with a minimum of 5 years PQE.
- A background in the big 4 or large accounting firm reaching Senior Manager / Director level and / or experience at senior level in an in-house international tax department.
- International tax structuring experience is essential.
- Good knowledge of M&A tax topics.
- A proactive approach and excellent communication skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- A willingness to travel internationally.