The Tax Manager is a key contributor to the Tax Group which will be responsible for managing income tax compliance, audit defense, and various aspects of tax planning at a Fortune 500 and NASDAQ 100 company.
- Manage all aspects of domestic income tax compliance including the preparation and timely filing of the consolidated federal and state income tax returns.
- Oversee the implementation of the income tax preparation software and be responsible for keeping the software current.
- Manage the calculation of all book-to-tax differences including fixed asset depreciation and inventory related differences.
- Manage the quarterly income tax calculations and payments.
- Manage the federal and state income tax examination process. Liaison with outside firms for support on an as needed basis.
- Support special projects such as tax planning, restructuring, tax incentive and credit initiatives, and tax accounting method changes.
- Review tax account reconciliations on a quarterly basis.
- Research tax issues, review legislative developments, and evaluate the tax impact respectively.
- Build collaborative working relationships with the tax reporting group, indirect tax group, and other business partners.
- Train, Develop, and motivate employees.
- Business Acumen
- Effective Written Communication
- Analysis and Judgment
- Organizational & Attention to Details
- Technical Competence/Expertise
- Problem Solving
- Quality of Work and Accuracy
- Strong Communication Skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA/BS Degree in Accountancy
- CPA and/or MS in Tax strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of experience with progressive responsibilities, 2–3 years of supervisory/management experience
- Ability to manage and motivate internal and external staff
- Experience with CorpTax is a plus
- Experience with Peoplesoft is a plus
- Superior judgment and critical thinking skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Self-starter and performance oriented
- Ability to carry out job responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner
- Excellent oral and written communication