As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Do you have an outstanding track record of building and maintaining strong cross-functional relationships? Do you have a proactive, can-do, work ethic; a demonstrated strong desire to work hard to identify issues and opportunities and work tirelessly to bring organizational resources to address such issues and opportunities?
Reporting to the Vice President, Taxation, the Director Income Tax Operations will be a key member of a global tax department which is responsible for global corporate income tax matters, tax planning, local compliance and Sox tax controls as well as accounting for income taxes. The position will be based in Open Text’s Richmond Hill office.
You are great at:
Working closely with the Vice President Taxation and the broader global tax team, the Tax Director is primarily responsible for the tax group’s timely delivery of accurate forecasts of effective tax rates, cash tax payments, and other related tax deliverables. In particular:
- Partner with Finance Planning, Transfer Pricing and Treasury groups to coordinate timely preparation and detailed review of forecasted operating income and cash tax payments for inclusion in the quarterly and annual forecasts of consolidated income tax provision and operating cash flow ;
- Review of forecasted income and cash flows to support valuations of acquired entities and assets planned for integration into Open Text’s corporate structure and transfer pricing model; assist in review of reorganization planning, and review of tax technical documents to support reorganization transactions;
- Coordinate quarterly review of intercompany balances and loans, review tax implications of settlements and foreign exchange , and drive planning for placement of any new debt financing within the corporate entity structure,;
- review of the work product supporting the company’s position on uncertain tax positions, valuation allowances, APB 23 accrual, and tax segment of the purchase price accounting for in quarter acquisitions;
- Lead the coordination of bottoms up annual forecast of tax group external advisory fees, and monthly monitoring of actual vs budget spend;
- Assist with review of available digitalization tools to expedite tax process transformation, and development of use cases for implementation;
What it takes:
- Bachelor's Degree required; professional accounting accreditation;
- Big four accounting firm experience a plus;
- 10-12 years tax experience, 5+ in global tax environment;
- Experience with the following technical areas:
- Management of international tax structures and related transfer pricing issues ;
- Consolidation of the tax accounting for a multinational company
- Tax Reporting under US GAAP (FAS 109/ASC740/APB23) and experience dealing with valuation allowances;
- Uncertain tax position reserve analysis;