Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Mondelez International is looking for vacancy: Indirect Tax Manager.
The purpose of this role is to manage compliance of indirect taxes in MDLZ´s DC´s. The person will be responsible to coordinate and manage a team of 4 Sr. Tax Analysts and 2 Analysts ensuring proper and timely preparation of all Indirect tax processes in MDLZ´s DC´s.
Coordinate the team responsible for all the activities related to indirect tax matters on at least 5 MDLZ´s DC´s:
- Ensuring accurate and timely tax compliance (filings and payments) for indirect tax obligations and tax returns.
- Identification, analysis and implementation of appropriate tax strategies and best practices to reduce overall tax liabilities within the legal framework.
- Coordination and managing responses as well as delivering information requested by tax authority audits.
- Being a focal point for indirect tax matters related to activities developed by MDLZ´s DC´s.
- Guarantee timely collection of information from stakeholders in order to prepare indirect tax returns accurately.
- Responsible for the development of the team (technically and interpersonal) and guarantee a smooth transition of them between the different levels of their careers.
- Interaction and effectively communication within and outside tax units to gather information and understand business transactions to assure proper tax treatment.
- Keep up to date on tax legislation, be able to identify tax and accounting differences and transactions that have tax implications, tax researches, and be proficient in interpreting and applying the tax law, regulations, and cases to specific transactions and factual situations.
- Provide tax advice as requested by the business.
- Provide trainings for other departments in order to spread knowledge into the company.
- Business Administration/Accounting / Economy / Law - Preferred specialization in Tax
- Solid knowledge on Tax, Accounting and Tax Accounting Matters applicable to industries and commercial activities as well as multinational companies operations
- Solid knowledge in dealing with indirect tax incentives for industries and distribution centers.
- Knowledge in Accounting (USGAAP and IFRS) to gather information from corporate systems and perform analysis. Big four experience is a plus
- Systems: Excel, Oracle, SQL, SAP, Mastersaf, Transfer Pricing, Easy Way and other Microsoft Office tools
- Advanced English & Spanish - Native Portuguese
- Manage multiple and diverse stakeholders (internal and external lawyers, tax authorities auditors, Financial Audit Accountings Firms -PWC, Deloitte & EY, CS&L, Accounts receivable, treasury)
- Company & business model insights
- Ability to manage tight timelines and deadlines
- Communication skills