Amazon is seeking an International Tax Counsel/Senior Manager based at its Seattle headquarters to focus on US International Tax planning and documentation for both new initiatives, as well as, on-going business launches/initiatives.
This position will lead or be part of a team that works closely with business partners and members of the tax department to structure and understand transactions, restructurings, and business initiatives to ensure we have documented tax technical advice on the US and local country tax impacts of such activities that can support our reporting, compliance, and on-going tax controversy analysis.
In order to be successful, the candidate must:
- Possess the ability to think strategically while also engaging in day-to-day tactical details.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to identify and manage tax and execution risks.
- Have in-depth tax technical knowledge with experience evaluating and advising on international business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals.
- Must ensure that the team works closely with members across a global tax department and external stakeholder teams (e.g., Accounting, Legal, Systems), to communicate current and future business plans, obtain cross-functional tax subject matter input, and ensure coordination and execution of cross-functional tax solutions in a sustainable manner.
- May be responsible for planning, coordinating, supervising and reviewing the work of more junior tax staff.
This position is not directly involved in day-to-day compliance; however, will be responsible for delivering the planning, real time coordination, and communication of various tax-related projects, as well as, collaborating with business partner contacts. This includes ensuring the appropriate level of documentation is created and maintained to support analyses performed, decisions made and conclusions reached for purposes of reporting and compliance.