The Grünenthal Group is an entrepreneurial, science-based pharmaceutical company specialized in pain, gout and inflammation. We are a fully integrated research & development company with a long track record of bringing innovative pain treatments and state-of-the-art technologies to patients .
Our team Global Financial Services (GFS) acts as partner for the Finance Teams in the countries to further optimize our Finance organization and gain benefits through specialization.
We have a great opportunity to join our team in Lisbon :
Junior Accountant VAT/TAX Specialist
Your main duties & responsibilities:
- First counterpart on the monthly VAT checks;
- Support the GBS accountants regarding VAT questions ;
- Development and maintenance of specific GBS tax checklists and manuals ;
- Requirements for creation / change of tax codes in SAP;
- Check VAT invoice requirements;
- Check if VAT is allowed to be invoiced;
- Support and Filing of VAT returns and EC-Sales Lists (Europe);
- Support affiliates preparing the requests of the refunds for the foreign VAT;
- Report of potential tax relevant issues to local finance / group tax;
- Interact with respective Business Partners and / or with the relevant operating units e.g. for clarification of VAT/tax accounting issues;
- Drive continuous process improvement & standardization initiatives towards greater efficiency & costs reduction;
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;
- Support global CIT topics;
- Consideration of booking of specific required tax accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics/Law or similar with regard to tax or accounting;
- Preferential at least 1 year experience in EU VAT principles and taxation;
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in Spanish/French/Italian/German will be valuable.
- Willing to learn, to colaborate and to develop new skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Team player, quality- and service-oriented.
- Highly motivated and flexible.
What we offer:
- Excellent Work Environment (Best Workplaces 2018).
- Flexible Work Schedule.
- Comprehensive learning plan.
- Career & Personal Development.
- Competitive compensation package