Our team oversees all aspects of eBay’s finance, analytics, and information technology functions – including controllership, procurement, financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, audit, mergers and acquisitions, and investor relations. At eBay, we love data, so finance plays a critical role in establishing strategic focus, enabling growth, ensuring execution and driving efficiencies across the organization.
The Senior Director – Global Tax will be responsible for maintaining an efficient tax structure that is aligned with the company’s strategic objectives. The role is the business unit liaison for tax matters outside the US and specifically pertaining to strategic planning, internal structuring, M&A and tax controversy.
The role will report to the Global Head of Tax and will work closely and communicate with all areas of the tax group including Tax Operations, Indirect Tax, US Planning & Transfer Pricing.
The development of effective working relationships with management, as well as finance and other operating personnel, located throughout the world is required. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global tax department of a dynamic company with a highly collaborative culture with interesting and challenging international tax work.
- Leading a global team based in the Switzerland, Netherlands, and Singapore with matrixed responsibility across the tax group
- Maintaining an efficient tax structure that is aligned with the company’s strategic short term and/or long term objectives
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support on day to day business operation matters to the group including BU, Legal, Treasury & HR
- Collaborate with US planning on implication of tax strategies for the company
- Identify, evaluate, and advise on the international income tax consequences of legislative developments, as well as current and proposed transactions.
- Actively participate with GR on tax policy matters
- Establish and maintain the global tax policy, provide technical guidance and training
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Establish and manage relationships with in country tax offices
- Advanced Pricing Agreement & Private Binding Ruling negotiations
- Direct participation in Tax rate strategy and planning
- Support the tax accounting provision process for international operations under ASC 740 on a quarterly and annual basis
- Support the International and U.S. compliance reporting process related to Non-U.S. entities including supervising review of material tax & statutory filings
- Board presentations on tax risk
- Support internal initiatives
- Special projects, as needed
- Significant experience of working in a global tax environment
- Strong technical skills with excellent knowledge of international-related rules and planning
- Sensitivity to US GAAP Tax accounting requirements
- Ability to interpret and explain complex tax legislation
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues to partners
- Able to build effective working relationships with a diverse range of individuals and teams
- Planning and co-ordination skills, with experience of leading and successfully delivering tax related projects
- The capability to operate with a strategic focus, as well as being in the detail and responsible for delivery
- Experience in a leadership role and driving a high performance team culture
- Mentoring and managing team members
- Culturally aware to be able to work across international borders, with a can do attitude
- Flexibility in approach to both lead and work through change
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, deadline driven environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree.
- CPA and Masters of Taxation or LLM in Tax are preferred
- 15+ years of combined firm and industry experience