A career in Tax with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a Senior Tax Manager to act as a key member of a dynamic full-service Tax practice, with plenty of opportunities to take the lead role on client engagements, and advise clients in connection with tax strategies and solutions. You will assist the practice by developing and growing the privately held business group for tax services. The ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial culture that provides high levels of autonomy to its people, enabling them to really make a difference.
We are looking for a team player who is committed to providing the highest level of service to our clients and helping us build our reputation as the preferred business advisors in our market place.
Why choose Grant Thornton?
At Grant Thornton you can make a difference every day. We have more offices across Canada than any other professional services firm, allowing us to be down the street from clients, not just downtown. We are independent in Canada with access to global resources, expertise and opportunities. Our professionals are renowned experts in their field who provide high level technical expertise. A greater variety of client files to work on means that, at Grant Thornton, you can do more, faster. We provide a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. We respect people’s lives outside of work and provide flexibility, where possible. Our firm is recognized for quality, and we are a trusted brand on the move!
As a Senior Manager in Domestic Tax your responsibilities will include:
• Analysis, planning and implementation of reorganization strategies for privately-held business
• Estate and succession planning
• Review of income tax returns for individuals, corporations, estates and trusts.
• Overseeing multiple client engagements across various industries
• Providing significant input into broader innovations for the service line to anticipate clients’ requirements
• Involvement in business development for target industries and sectors and supporting client business requirements in new and innovative ways
• Participating in the overall development of the Grant Thornton brand through internal and external activities and knowledge of industry
• Coaching team members and supporting them in achieving their career goals
• Leveraging technical proficiency to advise and guide team members
• Attendance at and contribution to client/stakeholder meetings
• Assisting the Partners and Managers with strategy and implementation of strategy
• Help identify and generate new business opportunities
• Be an active part of the professional services community of British Columbia
Our Unique Culture
Our clients tell us that they do business with Grant Thornton because of the quality of our people. We have a talented, intellectually curious team and a unique culture that we work hard to preserve. We want you to achieve your full potential and are aware that our success as an organization depends on each of our people building strong and challenging careers that they can be proud of. Using our values as our guide, we empower our people to make a difference in every interaction with one another, with clients, and in the communities in which we work and live.
The skills and attributes required for this position include:
• CA, CGA, CMA designation
• Completion of CICA In-depth tax program
• 7+ years minimum public practice experience in Canadian corporate income tax
• Commitment to exceptional client service
• Must have strong leadership skills to help influence and develop staff
• Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills
• Proactively growing the firm through differentiating the Grant Thornton brand in the marketplace, supporting and driving business development
• Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to effectively direct and develop the Canadian tax team
• Demonstrated a desire for technical and professional development and to be an integral part of a high-performing team of professionals
Locations: By means of our growing National Tax team we have opportunities available in cities across Canada: Halifax, Calgary, Toronto, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Toronto and St John.
Please note: Only qualified candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered. Relocation packages available for Canadian residents and/or Canadian citizens currently living abroad.
Please visit our website at http://www.grantthornton.ca/ to learn more. Thank you for your intersest in Grant Thornton.