Parsons delivers innovative solutions around the globe that make the world safer, healthier, and more connected. As a digitally enabled solutions provider we are focused on the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets. Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Are you well experienced Tax Analyst? Do you consider yourself an expert in U.S. and international tax compliance? Do you have strong experience with tax provisions? If so, Parsons wants to hear from you as we seek a Sr. Tax Analyst to join our team. The selected Sr. Tax Analyst will focus on tax provisions, tax returns, audits, research, forecasting and analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and review of the quarterly and year-end global tax provision under ASC 740
- Initiate and execute the overall process to forecast the companys effective tax rate and global cash tax payments for annual and strategic planning purposes as well as quarterly forecasts. Coordinate inputs from stakeholders. Understand completed models and factors driving results.
- Collaborate across the tax organization to understand and model changes in tax laws, corporate structure, and accounting rules and their effect on the companys effective tax rate and cash tax position.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of the US international tax return(s) and completing work papers with detailed support and documentation to allow for audit readiness, including the preparation of data and relevant calculations for Forms 1118, 5471s, 8858s, 8865s and other International Tax Reform forms.
- Prepares and files federal, state, and local tax returns and forms as assigned. Ensures compliance with all tax regulations. May negotiate with tax officials to receive favorable resolution of tax issues/audits.
- Prepares and assists with negotiating claims for tax refunds.
- Assist with SOX compliance
- Performs detailed analysis of book to tax differences and understand the technical merits of the differences
- Researches current literature, recent court decisions, existing law and regulations, and proposed and actual changes in tax law and regulations; analyzes data and makes recommendations to management for ways to reduce Corporate tax liability and reduce tax costs.
- Uses tax research software to research and resolve tax questions;
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting (or related field), CPA a plus
- At least 6+ years of relevant experience implementing corporate tax strategy within a large, multinational corporation including at least 2 years with a Public Accounting firm. Such experience should also include preparation of Federal and state income taxes for a multi-state international corporation.
- Knowledge and experience with ASC 740 accounting for income taxes
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, advanced excel knowledge preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Hard working, quick learner with a positive can do attitude.
- Able to work as part of a team and under pressure, handle multiple tasks and meet required deadlines.
- Experience with OneSource tax software highly desirable.