We are currently recruiting for a Senior Tax Consultant to join our Tax Services team. This is a dynamic, fast paced and highly visible role where your experience will be utilised, and your talent valued.
The Tax Services team is responsible for ensuring the organisation meets all tax compliance and reporting objectives and supports Group Tax on new transactions and strategic initiatives.
Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, Australia you will be challenged in a functional expert role, supporting the accurate and efficient delivery of tax compliance and reporting for a portfolio of Australian business units.
- Preparation of Income tax returns and associated management analysis ;
- Perform semi-annual tax effect accounting calculations
- GST reporting, including review of monthly BAS and supporting broader GST process improvement initiatives
- Employment tax compliance, including preparation of FBT returns and oversight over payroll tax reporting;
- Tax management analysis and forecasts covering tax payable, effective tax rate and deferred tax movements.
- Support tax transfer pricing compliance processes for Australian group, which includes Country-by-country reporting and annual CFC computations.
- Support effective revenue authority liaison and risk reviews, including p reparing timely and accurate responses to specific information requests.
- Support continuous process improvement in various Tax Services compliance processes including systems and technology initiatives and projects.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications , with a major or sub major in Finance, Accounting or Tax.
- Strong tax accounting skills and a broad tax subject matter knowledge gained through 5+ years experience in a prior in-house tax reporting role or professional firm.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure positive business outcomes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to work through complex issues.