We are recruiting for a Mixed Tax Senior Manager to join the Milton Keynes team of an established regional firm with offices in Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire and London.
The firm has a prestigious client base throughout the UK and provides a highly professional service, offering a progressive career opportunity in Tax.
The client base includes a significant number of owner-managed businesses, including partnerships (including farmers), sole traders and private companies as well as some private clients and high net worth individuals.
The practice has identified a need for an experienced qualified tax adviserwith relevant experience in the tax affairs of companies, businesses and their owners. The role will be based in Milton Keynes but may involve working in the other offices from time to time.
The main duties will involve:
- Managing the delivery of the compliance function on a designated allocation of clients, working with the local partners and working within the team to ensure consistent delivery of the throughout the annual cycles across the department and firm as a whole.
- The compliance function covers corporate and income tax returns (partnership and personal) as well as ATED, NRLR, share returns and forms P11d. As the preparation of returns and computations is wholly computerised the successful candidate will be expected to be fully conversant with the appropriate software (alphatax and CCH ideally)..
- The provision of high level technical support to the Partners in advising clients on tax planning opportunities. The diverse client base provides a challenging range of queries and opportunities.
- A good working knowledge of research & development tax credits, capital allowances, farmers averaging, NRCGT, employment taxes, share options and venture capital reliefs will be important as will knowledge of re-organisations, corporate transactions and due diligence.
- Contribution to the general management of the corporate and business tax department (12 strong in Milton Keynes, 20+ across the 4 offices). Providing input at regular management meetings.
- Assistance with the training of tax staff either on the job based or by way of participation in regular technical updates.
- Appraisal of junior staff with responsibility for development and performance.
- Assisting on queries arising from our international network; providing support to the Partners on practice development in terms of marketing campaigns and literature, networking, website support, contributing to the firm’s blogs and tweets and raising awareness of topical issues.
- Identifying new opportunities within the client portfolio and working with the wider team to deliver additional services where appropriate.
The successful candidate will be a qualified Chartered Tax Adviser and have at least 10 years post-qualification experience of working within a business tax department of an accountancy practice. A high standard of written and verbal communication skills is essential. Strong organisation and time management skills will be required for the role.
The possibilities for business growth means that candidates with an inclination towards actively marketing the services of the firm to existing and potential clients will be particularly welcome. However, such inclinations and experience will not take precedence over the need for high levels of technical knowledge in the business tax field and the ability to manage and develop junior staff.