Amazon is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to join its State Income Tax Planning team. This position is responsible for helping to draft guidance that advises various stakeholders within the company on the state income tax implications of both internal and external developments.
The primary duties of this position will include the following:
- Monitoring legislative, judicial and administrative developments in the state income tax arena to determine their potential implications to the company.
- Drafting and reviewing memos that detail the state income/franchise tax implications of proposed transactions and new business initiatives.
- Drafting and reviewing memos that support the company’s FIN48 reserves relating to state income tax issues.
- Reviewing memos and workpapers that support the company’s state income tax filings.
- Analyzing state income tax assessments to determine accuracy and potential items for protest and/or appeal.
- Gathering, organizing, and documenting information provided to state taxing authorities for audits, litigation and appeals.
- Reviewing Excel models that detail the state income tax impact of proposed legislative changes and potential changes to the legal entity organizational structure.