Tax Accountant- Role Summary:
- Assists in providing state and local tax compliance services to assigned business segments and related subsidiaries and operations.
- Participates in the preparation of state and local tax returns and filings.
- Participates in moderately-complex portions of the year-end consolidated tax package which support the provisions reported in external financial reporting.
- Prepares special projects, including work on routine audit requests and research of moderately complex tax problems/issues.
- Works closely with team members and legal entity contacts.
Tax Accountant- Responsibilities:
- Prepare state premium and personal property returns, as well as estimated payments. Respond to notices received from taxing authorities, and other relevant activities.
- Prepare some state income & franchise tax returns and associated estimated payments.
- Support accounting for state premium taxes and other miscellaneous liability accruals as appropriate.
- Participate in management of state tax balance sheet and income statement accounts, including preparing estimate-to-actual calculations.
- Conduct tax research, as appropriate.
- Support state premium tax and personal property tax audits, as appropriate/necessary.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, or related field
- 0-4 years accounting or tax experience with an understanding of Accounting/Finance concepts.
- Experience with the MS Suite of products, especially Excel, is a plus.
- Highly motivated, good interpersonal skills, well organized with strong time management, and able to multi-task and prioritize. Can work independently and as part of a team, but knows when to ask for assistance when needed.
- Strong analytical skills, good verbal/written communication skills.
- Shows accountability and ownership of assignments and is able to work under time constraints given hard external deadlines to taxing authorities.
- Strong business sense and the ability to work in a changing environment.
- Experience with Oracle General Ledger is a plus but is not required.
- Ability to handle confidentiality.