My client are currently looking for a Tax Advisory Manager to join their Top 50 Accountancy Practice.
The Team: The tax department consists of 18 tax professionals who provide bespoke taxation services to its broad range of clients and deals with all queries from routine compliance through to high-level advisory work.
Company: Provides a full range of services on all aspects of accountancy and audit, UK and international taxation, financial management and administration, company secretarial and computer management consultancy. Its range of specialist sectors includes property, media, not for profit, professional firms, and technology and digital as well as a strong private client focus.
The company currently has 13 partners and some 70 staff, and its diverse client portfolio ranges from sole traders and professional partnerships to local, national and international corporations and institutions which operate in a wide variety of industries.
- Predominantly providing tax advisory services to a range of private clients, OMBs and entrepreneurial businesses in all sectors.
- International issues will feature heavily, including tax structuring and planning for non-resident or non-domiciled HNWIs & UHNWIs, residence issues and UK and international investment.
- Supporting partners in the delivery of projects/consultancy work from inception to completion, often playing a lead role.
- Providing direction and support to junior members of staff in respect of all aspects of consultancy work, including delegation and supervision of projects and maintenance of review procedures for tax technical work.
- Acting as main point of contact with key clients, and building excellent working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Overseeing the provision of tax compliance services for some of the firm’s most complex cases
- Becoming an expert on a specific subject matter and providing authoritative guidance in this area.
- Leading and assisting with external and internal presentations on key technical issues, and pitches for new business
- Assisting in marketing initiatives to prospective clients working closely with the tax partners on a daily basis.
- Maintaining awareness of UK and international taxation developments and legislation, identifying risks and opportunities for the firm and its clients, and designing and implementing the firm’s response
- You will be challenged to contribute to a vibrant and dynamic business, and rewarded accordingly
- Strong tax advisory skills; particularly focusing on personal and business tax, with an ability to consider the whole picture and deliver good solid all-round tax advice.
- Experience of dealing with international tax is desirable, a willingness to learn and expand your knowledge is essential.
- Commitment to strong technical standards and the sharing of knowledge and expertise.
- Good communication and presentation skills when dealing with clients.
- Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and focus.
- Keenness to add value to our clients’ businesses and personal affairs.
- Self-motivation and ambition and a keenness to grow with the tax team in order to secure promotion and recognition.
- Above all you will need to be out-going and excellent within a client facing role and genuinely interested in helping our clients and building your career.
- Bonus: 2% at Christmas
- Holidays: 26 plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension: 1+1% rising to 4 or 5% (matched) through length of service
- PMI: single membership medical and dental insurance
- Death in service
- Season ticket loan
- Fresh fruit twice a week and cheese Thursdays!
- Benefits through salary sacrifice: flexible benefits package including healthcare, enhanced dental, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, gourmet society, gymflex, etc.