Aurora Cannabis is looking for a Tax Analyst to join the Tax & Treasury team in Vancouver, BC. The successful applicant will assist the Senior Tax Analyst in ensuring that Aurora’s indirect tax filings are prepared in a timely manner. The ideal candidate for this position should be detailed oriented and enjoys working in a fast pace-environment.
- Prepare and File Indirect (GST, PST, QST, HST) and Excise Tax Returns
- Reconcile GL Activities for Indirect and Excise tax accounts.
- Assist in Desk Audit by various tax authorities as required.
- Assist with tax research projects.
- Assist in the implementation of tax policies, procedures and controls over tax reporting and planning
- Other ad hoc projects as required.
- Strong background in complex organizational structures in multiple jurisdictions
- Basic understanding in full cycle accounting and tax reporting.
- Good understanding on Canadian Indirect and Excise Tax regulations
- Experience in ERP, including various Point-of-Sale, Accounting systems is an asset
- Strong excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, power query, etc.) is required
- Ability to work with complex datasets
- Attention to Detail, ability to work independently and in teams
- Strong verbal, written and teamwork skills.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.