We are seeking an experienced Tax Director in our Global HQ in Lake Mary, FL. Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of critical processes necessary to achieve accurate and timely reporting. You and your team will work closely with the CFO and outside tax service providers managing FARO’s tax affairs, compliance and audit activities.
- Leading edge technology
- A team of experienced professionals to work with
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in accounting or Master’s in taxation, or related field OR a combination of education and relevant experience.
- CPA required
- Minimum 10 years income tax experience with public accounting “Big 4” and/or a large multinational corporation.
- Strong understanding of ASC 740, FIN 48 and ASC 718.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be able to hit the ground running to make an immediate impact.
- Ability to adjust to a flexible environment and consistently meet deadlines.
- Significant direct experience related to complex tax environments achieved through increasing levels of requisite career experience and exposure in a corporate tax setting
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Tax regulations
- Robust understanding of international and multi-state structuring and transfer pricing analysis
- Ability to lead tax planning processes and other strategic initiatives at a companywide level
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organization, as well as with external advisors
- Strong communication and management skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines in a team environment
- Proficient in the latest web technologies and working knowledge of various operating systems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in a technology manufacturing industry a plus
- Ability to travel 10-20%
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the company’s domestic and international tax operations including new tax laws, tax planning, compliance, and tax accounting in accordance with ASC 740.
- Perform tax analysis and research related to global tax planning initiatives, cross-border transactions, transfer pricing, and audit activities. The Director will also work closely with the Director of Finance to efficiently manage cash deployment.
- Assist with quarterly reviews, analyses, and support related to the income tax provisions of the company in accordance with ASC 740.
- Manage the accurate and timely preparation of all US and international tax filings related to the company’s operations.
- Oversee all aspects of the Company’s international, multi-state, and local indirect tax planning and compliance.
- Experience in value added taxes, sales and use taxes, goods and services taxes, federal excise taxes and other transaction taxes.
- Manage outside advisors in connection with key strategic projects and tax planning initiatives.
- Provide technical support related to tax audits and perform critical analysis to build audit defense strategies.
- Be the primary contact with company’s outside auditors and tax service providers on tax matters.
- Act as a key player in our global tax management and planning.
- Assist with tax related Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
What FARO can offer you:
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees but also for their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events