The Talent Management Team at The MFA Companies® is seeking a Director of Tax for our tech/media client in the Framingham, MA area. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer and working closely with the Controller and the Director of Finance, this position is important to the future growth of the Company. This individual will be responsible for all tax and tax planning matters.
- Provide strategic direction, technical guidance, and leadership to the Tax team of five or more.
- Full ownership for the completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support.
- Direct tax planning initiatives to support and align with the Company strategy.
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring and implementation of U.S. Tax Reform.
- Oversee and manage taxing authority audits, including but not limited to IRS, state, and foreign audits.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes for the worldwide group on a quarterly and annual basis, including related finacial statement presentation and footnotes.
- Assist Controller and Director of Finance with monthly and quarterly reporting requirements.
- Ensure significant are properly researched and documented, including uncertain tax positions.
- Responsible for transfer pricing planning and studies.
- Manage and participate in reviews of ongoing business activities and proposed transactions to properly advise management of tax consequences and opportunities, with emphasis on tax efficiency and compliance with tax and legal requirements.
- Assist the Director of Finance in estimating and monitoring annual cash taxes, including technical analysis of tax implications to ensure forecast and provisions are correctly stated.
- Partner and manage the relationship with external tax advisers.
- Responsible for sales and use and property tax functions and business licensing
Desired Skills and Qualifications
· Accounting degree and a CPA is required
· Experience with both US and International Tax
· Experience within both private and public
· Managerial experience is required
Job Type: Full-time
- managerial: 4 years (Preferred)
- International Tax: 4 years (Preferred)
- corporate tax: 7 years (Preferred)
- accounting: 7 years (Preferred)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (Preferred)