The Tax Director provides tax thought leadership, consulting and training for the firm in the areas of partnerships, affordable housing and tax credits. The ideal candidate would share accountability with partners to ensure that clients are satisfied and that quality services and final products/reports are provided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist developer clients with tax and development accounting through all phases of the LIHTC processing from application to syndication and loan closing
- Prepare and review financial forecasts for tax credit subsidized transactions
- Evaluate and extract financial and non-financial data from information provided by clients, including letters of intent, audited financial statements, tax returns, partnership agreements, loan agreements, and other documents
- Consult with clients on ways to optimize tax credit equity investments by evaluating different ownership structures, federal and state subsidies as well as debt and equity financing options.
- Participate with clients and project finance team members to discuss issues involved with structuring investments that qualify for federal tax credits from renewable energy, historic rehabilitation and/or new markets tax credits.
- Develop reference materials and standardize approach and procedures within the tax practice.
- Document and reference assumptions used in the financial forecasts and projections
- Prepare summarized financial data reports
- Assist with accounting, audit and tax engagements with respect to year-end financial statement audits and tax returns as well as cost certifications and cost segregation studies.
- Develop and deliver training for staff members in area of expertise.
- Demonstrates and maintains high-level technical knowledge in the tax field.
- Promotes the interest of the firm and displays leadership at all times.
- Models the firm’s philosophy and strategic positioning in the marketplace, including the “one-firm” concept, through all aspects of performing work, directing other staff members and interacting with
- BS in Accounting, CPA required, MST preferred.
- 10+ years’ progressive tax experience, demonstrated knowledge of the affordable housing niche, with strong knowledge of up-to-date tax guidelines
- Well-versed in all realms of major investment tax credits, including the low-income housing credit (LIHTC), historic (HRTC), new markets (NMTC) and renewable energy tax credits (RETC).
- Exhibit experience in developing a better knowledge of community development finance and other tax credit subsidized investments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Consulting and business development experience preferred
- Perform work accurately and in a time efficient manner, with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, ability to coordinate complex activities and prioritize conflicting demands and deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster a productive, team-oriented environment
- Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel) and report writing tools, and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Maintain a professional demeanor with co-workers and clients
- Able to contribute ideas and add value to designated team
In addition to a competitive salary we offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes subsidized medical and dental, 401(k) savings plan, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability, plus more.