Connection, a Fortune 1000 Global Technology Solutions Provider is adding to our family of passionate individuals. We work together to connect people with technology that enhances growth, elevate productivity, and empower innovation. If you would like to discover how over the 35 years of collaboration has shaped our culture of integrity, teamwork, and mutual success, we would love to speak with you!
Working under minimal supervision referring only to exceptional problems and issues for management review or approval, the Tax Director utilizes independent judgment and discretion in the selection, development, and coordination of methods within a broad framework.
The Director of Tax directs all tax planning, compliance, and reporting for the parent company and its four domestic subsidiaries. The Director develops, monitors, and refines the Company's tax policies and manages tax risks and exposures, formulates and implements tax savings opportunities, identifies process improvements, and mentors tax personnel. The Director ensures compliance with all domestic tax laws (Federal, 50 states for each legal entity). This includes responsibility for overseeing the preparation of tax work papers that support the calculation of tax adjustments used for computing taxable income and to ensure that all tax records are created and maintained for managing future Federal and state tax audits. The Director supervises a team of tax professionals. . Additionally, the Director of Tax is responsible for matters related to professional liability and property & casualty insurance; acts as a liaison with the Company's brokers and insurance company representatives.
The Tax Director assures departmental processes are performed in compliance with applicable Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Manages all efforts involved to accurately prepare and timely file all Federal, state and local corporate income tax returns, franchise tax returns, and manages the outsourcing of monthly/quarterly sales and use tax return preparation.
- Addresses special topics including evaluation of FIN48 contingencies, IRC Section 162(m) regarding excess compensation, tax depreciation and expensing limits, and any acquired tax attributes.
- Oversees the preparation and filing of Federal, state, and local tax return extensions and quarterly estimated income tax payments.
- Ensures that products and services are properly characterized as taxable or exempt for sales and use tax purposes by product, customer, and state.
- Monitors and analyzes proposed or recently enacted tax legislation, regulations, and court decisions to determine and quantify relevant cash flow and effective tax rate consequences.
- Conducts research and provides direction for Federal and state tax issues and potential tax exposures related to operations, transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and other areas with significant tax consequences including withholding obligations.
- Analyzes and recommends how to address nexus, income apportionment, forced combination or de-combination, and unitary state income tax filing issues.
- Assists in developing, implementing and explaining to others Federal and state income tax planning strategies.
- Understands, proactively identifies, quantifies, and communicates the ASC740/FIN48 corporate income tax implications for financial statement presentation.
- Provides attesting firm auditors with sufficient documentation and analysis to support tax positions, calculations, and disclosure requirements.
- Understands and implements refinements to domestic transfer pricing including intercompany accounting consequences for state income tax purposes.
Professional Liability and Property and Casualty Insurance
- Handles all aspects of Company professional liability and property & casualty insurance coverages by working with insurance brokers on design & implementation of cost-effective coverages, issuance of certificates of insurance and with Finance team to ensure timely payment of insurance premiums.
- Collaborates with external partners to promote and enhance insurance coverage.
Staff Management and Development
- Leads the Tax team providing ongoing performance feedback within frequent conversational framework and conducts annual performance evaluation per Company policy.