Progressive, highly profitable, well established CPA firm is currently looking to fill the position of Tax Director . You must have 10+ years’ of recent public accounting tax experience including preparing/reviewing complex tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, and trusts. Experience in preparing and reviewing financial statements is desired. Experience in year-end tax planning for individuals and corporations is required and knowledge in retirement planning is desirable. Multi-State tax compliance knowledge is a plus. An ideal candidate should have prior experience in meeting with clients, working independently, and thinking creatively in the planning process. Incumbent should be able to research and provide solutions for complex tax issues and remain abreast on changes in tax code. Financial Statement & General Ledger Experience is required. QuickBooks knowledge is a plus. Additionally the position requires strong communication, analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking, management and PC skills including (desired: Ultratax, Miscrosoft Suite, QuickBooks proficiency). Our firm has many long-term staff members and we would like you to be part of the family.
We are an established and growing full service CPA firm dedicated to providing superior, personalized tax and accounting services. We have always exceeded expectations by tailoring our services to client needs and providing the highest level of personalized service. Our expertise encompasses many Industries including, but not limited to medical practices, manufacturing companies, developers, professional service companies, and engineering and construction firms.
If you are looking to grow your career with a well-established firm located in heart of Phoenix, please send your resume, along with your salary history and expectations. We proudly offer an excellent benefit and compensation package, an ideal work/life balance, flexible hours, opportunity for growth & advancement. Additionally, you will enjoy being part of a reputed firm that has been in the Phoenix valley for over 30 years.
Successful candidates will have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong technical and management skills, in addition to:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 10-30 years technical tax experience in public accounting, or related field
- 4+ years of management/ supervisory experience
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability, strong operational and project management skills. Strong time management and follow through skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology (Computer proficiency with software programs such as RIA Checkpoint, Thomson Reuters full suite of tax software: UltraTax, Workpapers, Practice CS and File Cabinet, Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Integrity, dependability, and trustworthiness