The Tax Director for Nevada Gold Mines LLC works closely with the Barrick Senior Director U.S. Tax in overseeing and managing all aspects of U.S. and state taxation of Nevada Gold Mines LLC to ensure alignment with Barrick’s procedures, identification of tax risks and accurate reporting of tax provisions. The Tax Director will provide tax support to all the Nevada mines within Nevada Gold Mines LLC and will work closely with the Barrick Senior Director U.S. Tax and the Barrick corporate tax group in Toronto to promote strategy, compliance, stability and teamwork. The Tax Director will manage, motivate and lead the Nevada Gold Mines LLC U.S. tax team and ensure succession planning for critical roles.
- Manage, motivate and lead the Nevada Gold Mines LLC Tax Team. Structure the team to leverage skills and resources and ensure succession planning is in place for critical roles.
- Responsible for all U.S. and state tax matters of Nevada Gold Mines LLC.
- Manage the preparation and timely filing of all required U.S. and state income tax returns for Nevada Gold Mines LLC.
- Anticipate and keep management up to date on material U.S. and state tax legislation and reform proposals and the potential impacts to Nevada Gold Mines LLC.
- Responsible for strategic tax direction and tax planning strategies for Nevada Gold Mines LLC in the areas of U.S. and state income tax, property tax, production taxes, payroll tax, sales and use tax, royalties, etc.
- Responsible for providing timely and appropriate U.S. tax provision information for all quarterly and annual financial reporting obligations and other periodic non-tax filings for Nevada Gold Mines LLC.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of internal control systems to support compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and other Nevada Gold Mines LLC policies.
- Responsible for tax projections in the areas of budgeting, forecasting, LOM model planning, financial planning and analysis for Nevada Gold Mines LLC.
- Provide effective, efficient and timely business tax services to Nevada Gold Mines LLC management. Be an active participate in Nevada Gold Mines senior leadership.
- Work closely with the Barrick Tax Director-U.S. Tax Policy, Government Relations & Planning with respect to the annual IRS U.S. CAP audit as it relates to Nevada Gold Mines LLC.
- Work closely with the Barrick Senior Director U.S. Tax and the Nevada Gold Mines LLC accounting and finance team with respect to any state non-income tax audits relating to Nevada Gold Mines LLC.
- Work closely with the Nevada Mining Association in actively monitoring developments and tax policy in Nevada.
- Work closely with the Barrick Senior Director U.S. Tax and Barrick Tax Director-U.S. Tax Policy, Government Relations & Planning to develop, implement and promote efficient business practices in the areas of taxation.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting is required. A Master’s Degree (Taxation Emphasis) and CPA certification is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15-20 years’ experience in U.S. corporate taxation with both “Big 4” public accounting and large multinational U.S. corporations and with extensive experience in U.S. tax planning, U.S. tax reporting and U.S. tax compliance.
- Experience in the mining, manufacturing or natural resource industries is preferred.
- Experience in U.S. partnership taxation is preferred.
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer