A typical day as a Tax Manager in Billings might include the following:
- Manage and review a high-level return for a multi-state manufacturer.
- Work with the client and staff to ensure individual and business tax returns are completed correctly and by the required deadline.
- Review, approve and sign tax returns for release to clients.
- Coach or mentor a staff member to assist with enhancing their skills and further developing their career.
- Gather relevant tax-related information from the client so an accurate tax return can be prepared.
- Look at tax situations from various angles to ensure the maximum tax benefit is applied.
- Network, build relationships and attract new clients or business for the Firm.
- Bill clients for the services and guidance provided.
Who You Are
- The word "tax" is not foreign to you, and you can easily explain details of your tax experience and/or can explain the difference between a 1040 and an 1120.
- You enjoy keeping up-to-date on the ever-changing tax industry's regulations and policies.
- You have a knack for solving problems and easily notice issues while bringing solutions to the table.
- You take pride in helping others, and you are ready to take on the challenge of leading a team of high-performing individuals.
- You have knowledge of and exposure to a variety of industries and the ability to read a financial statement. Health Care experience is a plus!
- In addition to all of this, you hold an active CPA license and have 7+ years of experience in public accounting tax work.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.