You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Tax Manager supervises and prepares the U.S. Federal, state and local income tax compliance requirements within the Company’s operating jurisdictions as well as U.S. Foreign information reporting. This position will also assist with the ASC 740 financial reporting requirements on an annual and quarterly basis. This individual will assist senior tax leadership with daily deadline management, tax research, and will proactively assist other departments with items concerning all aspects of tax on a need basis. The tax manager advises and makes recommendations to the tax and finance leadership on key issues.
- Compliance Management (65%) – Prepare and review US domestic (C corp., partnership) and foreign informational returns (form 5471, 8865 and 8858), and coordinates with outside service providers on tax return review.
- Provision Calculations (15%) - Assists with the preparation of ASC 740 tax provision(s) and related footnote disclosure(s) for SEC and non SEC financial statements.
- Provide tax technical support (15%) – Work with other departments in providing tax research on income, sales & use, property, payroll, informational and other tax related questions that occasionally require tax department guidance.
- Forecasting and Planning (5%) – Timely calculation of projected taxable income by jurisdiction.
- Assist Tax Director with conducting M&A due diligence and other tax research as necessary (5%).
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance, or related field.
- Big 4 / regional CPA firm experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Proficient in tax preparation software and tax research tools. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- English proficiency required
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills, organized, detail-oriented and thorough with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Maintain and communicate knowledge of tax laws including tax code, regulations, rulings, procedures and court decisions.
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Advanced skills in consolidated tax filings and state taxation