Assist the Tax Director with the day-to-day management of the tax department. This position will entail ensuring the company meets its tax compliance reporting/payment obligations in accordance with tax laws/regulations and accounting pronouncements. In addition, this individual will advise company personnel regarding the tax consequences of various business activities, develop strategies to lawfully minimize tax liabilities and defend tax positions challenged during audit examinations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet compliance tax reporting and tax payment obligations with respect to income, property and sales/use taxes
- Assist in preparation of income tax provisions and related footnote disclosures
- Prepare accounting entries, budgets/forecasts and perform account reconciliations/ accrual analyses
- Partner with various business units by providing tax advice/guidance on specific transactions
- Assist in managing audits conducted by external financial auditors and tax authorities
- Make continual improvements to internal procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance and optimize efficiency
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding/knowledge of the Company’s business operations and the related accounting to ensure that proper tax positions are taken on returns in compliance with tax law
- Stay current on new tax laws, regulations and court decisions in those jurisdictions in which the company conducts business
- Assist with any other matters relating to the tax function
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required; advanced degree & CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ corporate income tax experience (federal & multi-state), preferably a combination of Public Accounting and multi-national corporate industry experience
- Detail oriented, analytical and strategic
- Technically competent in tax research and writing technical memorandums
- Strong research and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ambitious, resourceful, dependable and productive
- Working knowledge of SAP a plus
- Proficient with Word and Excel
- Proficient with tax research software
Understand oral and written communications, both general and technical.
Provide clear instructions/directions.
Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Values time and manages time effectively. Effectively prioritizes and can manage a broad range of activities