- ACA/ACCA plus CTA [minimum 4 years PQE as CTA] with relevant CPD
- Excellent tax technical knowledge with an emphasis on CGT, IHT and business tax.
- Day to day experience of tax technical research and online technical libraries such as Tolleys.
- Detailed understanding of the various tax issues [including compliance] around company and business restructurings, in particular CGT, IHT, Stamp Duty, SDLT and VAT.
- Good experience of planning and implementing EMI schemes and familiarity with the tax, commercial and legal issues involved.
- A working knowledge and experience of trusts and their associated tax issues in the context of solutions led tax planning.
- Familiarity with company, property and trust law issues arising in connection with company and business restructurings.
- A good awareness of anti-avoidance legislation and extensive experience of drafting tax clearances and working with lawyers to implement company and business restructurings.
- Experience of multi-jurisdictional tax planning issues and working with relevant advisors based in non-UK jurisdictions.
The ability to project manage and organise multiple assignments whilst working under pressure (under immoveable deadlines) is essential.
Excellent communication skills both in a technical and non technical capacity are also essential and the ability to work on own initiative.