Padgett Business Services is a tax, payroll, accounting, and business advisory firm that has served the greater Toledo area for over 25 years. We specialize in helping small businesses make more money while reducing their tax liabilities. We are looking to grow our business significantly over the next few years and we're looking for a motivated, hard working, and dedicated Tax Manager to join our team. The successful candidate needs to be willing to support the team's goals and help drive actions to achieve/exceed them.
The Tax Manager has a wide variety of duties, including but not limited to, preparation of business, partnership, and individual tax returns, preparation of financial statements, and working on various tax planning, tax resolution, and consulting engagements.
- Analyze/Prepare client financial statements based on the accounting/bookkeeping work provided in order to ensure the records are prepared in accordance with tax law requirements.
- Prepare Corporate, Partnership, and Individual tax returns as needed. Prepare and review throughout the year estimated tax assumptions to ensure "No Surprises" arise.
- Review and advise client regarding effects of business activities on taxes, and on strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Ensure client complies with all taxing authority requirements and represent client before taxing authorities as needed.
- Organize and maintain tax records and conduct tax studies and special projects. Respond to notices on behalf of clients and facilitate audits of clients' records as they arise.
- Coach/Train and Develop team members on tax preparation skills. Continue to stay apprised of changes in tax laws and communicate changes among team members.
- Consistently market the business and services offered and solicit referrals to foster growth.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
- Minimum Experience: 2-4 Years
- Preferred Experience: 5+ Years of Small Business Tax Consulting/Preparation
- Must have CPA and/or EA designation and have experience representing clients before taxing authorities to resolve tax matters.
- Must have thorough understanding of Accounting and Tax principles and have experience engaging clients in tax planning strategies to reduce tax liabilities. This is not an entry level position.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and returns.
- Computer Proficiency - Must be knowledgeable with Intuit (QuickBooks) and Sage (Peachtree) products as well have a working knowledge of PC applications like Excel, Word, and Outlook. An understanding of the Creative Solutions Suite (Accounting CS, Ultra Tax CS, Fixed Assets CS, File Cabinet CS, Practice CS, Planner CS, etc.) is a plus. Understanding network infrastructure and how to solve computer software or hardware related matters is also a plus.
- The successful candidate will be one of the key components of managing the firm-client relationship for those assigned. The candidate must be able to work independently with little supervision and must be results oriented. Basic training about our business, processes, and expectations will be provided up front; additional training and coaching will exist throughout, but the candidate will be required to demonstrate independent success early on the job.
- Given the nature of our business, some early morning and evening hours will be required as well as some weekend hours. At times we work with short deadlines that need to be met and this at times creates stress and tension that needs to be managed.
- We are a family-oriented business that understands family/work life balance issues and works to service our clients the way we want to be serviced. We work together as a team and strive for amazing results. The successful candidate should be comfortable in that environment and be able to excel within it.
- Fair salary based on experience
- Periodic bonuses based on performance
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Short & Long Term Disability
- And more…