Overall objective of job function:
To lead and manage the tax department delivering a full range of tax services to clients in a professional, accurate and timeous manner.
- Manage and monitor a team of tax consultants
- Conducting performance appraisals and coaching of staff
- Set-up an annual plan for the annual tax filing season
- Review tax submission progress
- Monitor & ensure finalisation of query & progress reports
- Manage provisional tax calculations and submissions
- Responsible for monitoring & approving billing
- Annual budgeting for department
- Weekly and monthly reporting to directors
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Accounting or taxation
- Proven work experience as a Tax Manager in an Accounting/Auditing/Legal firm
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Experience of Accfin or similar tax management software an advantage.