Tax Specialist LUX
About the role
Your function is part of the BU Central Tax Department. You will be responsible for all direct and indirect tax and control matters of Luxembourg.
The role is based in Belgium (Leuven HQ), with the tax and control team responsible for the operational Belgian entities, with frequent travel to Luxembourg. You will be reporting to the BELUX tax Lead.
As tax & control manager you will be responsible to support the business with optimization and guidance on direct and indirect tax matters while ensuring a solid position towards the tax authorities.
As tax manager, you will be the end-responsible for correctly discharging all direct and indirect tax accountabilities required under Luxembourg legislation for the Luxembourg AB InBev group company Brasserie de Luxembourg Mousel-Diekirch (“BLMD”). Indirect taxes including VAT, excise duties, environmental taxes and other local taxes (except payroll tax).
As control manager, you will be the end-responsible for correctly preparing the statutory accounts and other legal reporting (i.e. Intrastat) of BLMD.
You will work in close collaboration with the tax and control team responsible for the operational Belgian entities, the Global Service Center in India, tax teams in all EUR countries, the corporate affairs team and the business (plant managers / logistics managers / commercial teams / procurement teams / etc.).
- Propose, develop, lead and implement tax planning and tax optimization projects in order to increase efficiency in direct and indirect taxes (incl. but not limited to corporate income tax, VAT, excise duties/beer tax, dividend withholding tax, property taxes and other local taxes) for BLMD.
- Ensure compliance with tax law (both direct and indirect taxes) for BLMD, ensure all tax returns are submitted within legal timing, review and sign off tax payments and ensure tax payments are done within the legal deadlines
- Monitor tax legislation changes that could have an impact on BLMD and share this knowledge with - and manage the introduction throughout - the Luxembourg business.
- Manage the relationship with the Luxembourg tax authorities; ssupervise and manage tax audits by Luxembourg tax authorities (both for direct and indirect taxes)
- Perform monthly sanity checks on VAT books, and specifically on VAT rates, deductibility, proper set up in Systems (ERP)
- Manage excise duties in collaboration with the tax warehouses, providing insights and directions on problem solving (wrong loads, EMCS issues, differences). Manage excise recovery from scrapping.
- Manage Transfer Price Documentation with support of external Consultants
- Prepare monthly tax reporting for BLMD
- Forecast and budget for Tax Payments for BLMD
- Align different departments (finance, supply, logistics, procurement and sales) to streamline the tax, control and treasury processes within the company. Act as contact person for tax impact assessment of business decisions.
- Keep up with recent changes in terms of Lux GAAP and IFRS