The key responsibilities for the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing client tax returns and managing these through to successful filing with HMRC.
- Effectively managing your portfolio of clients, whilst working closely with internal teams.
- Providing on demand ad-hoc personal tax advice to clients.
- Dealing with PAYE and personal tax compliance matters.
- Preparation of P11D forms.
- Dealing with telephone and email queries from clients whilst ensuring a quality and efficient service is provided.
- Dealing with HMRC and other third parties on the clients behalf.
- Calculating tax rebates and liabilities for clients under the Construction Industry Scheme.
- Delivering a consistently high level of customer service.
- Delivering consistently accurate work.
- A genuine desire to build a career within the tax industry.
- An enthusiasm to progress towards obtaining tax qualifications (AAT, ATT, ACCA).
- Strong email and telephone skills.
- Efficient time and work management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work to targets and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload effectively.
- A positive 'can do’ attitude.
- Experience working in an office environment producing high quality work
- Experience working in an accountancy practice or a financial environment.
- Educated to degree level or holds a qualification related to finance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £17,500.00 /year