US Non-income Based Tax (US NIBT) team is a key part of Oracle's world-class operations. This progressive and innovative team comprises of a dynamic group of tax professionals responsible for Oracle's tax planning, business partnering, tax compliance, M&A integration, transfer pricing, and tax controversies around the world. In addition to the various Oracle Tax teams, US NIBT is closely integrated with all parts of Oracle's business, including Sales, Products, Supply Chain, Deal Management, Customer Relations, Legal, Product Development, etc.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to assist the team in managing customer-facing sales and use tax related questions and sales and use tax planning.
- Manage sales and use tax related questions from Oracle internal teams and from customers.
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing Oracle's tax positions, M&A acquisitions, business operational plans, etc.
- Working with and supporting Sales and Use Tax Compliance team to ensure Oracle's tax compliance in a number of jurisdictions.
- Working with and supporting the Oracle Tax Audit team to effectively manage tax inquiries and audits in a number of jurisdictions. Working with global teams across all lines of business on business operational development and process improvements.
- Bachelor in Accounting, Master's Degree in Taxation, or Juris Doctor. CPA and Licensed Attorneys preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Sales and Use Tax, including experience in managing relationships with business operations and customers.
- Ability to work in a team or as an individual contributor.
- Project management skills to handle multiple tasks and deadline driven.
- Proactive and positive attitude.
- Analytical, research, and forensics skills.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage and coordinate internal and external resources to implement company tax savings strategies. Ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns. Manages a professional staff.
Be an integral partner in Oracle's business decisions to enhance shareholder value by providing tax-related advice globally to all business units. Develop and implement systems to compile information for various federal, state, local, and international reports. Represent the company on tax matters in government, professional, and industry associations. Performs or directs research; analysis and interpretation of federal, state, and local statutes. Manages and oversees international tax laws and regulations. May be involved with tax implications of mergers and acquisitions.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Maintain current knowledge of all tax laws affecting Oracle. Strong business and tax technical skills needed. Detail oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Ability to work with outside advisors. Experience with computer tax systems. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated leadership and project management skills. Experience in public accounting firm and/or high technology industry. BA/BS in Accounting or Finance. CPA and or MS/MBA tax preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.